Students can explore the world of materials – search and browse to find everything from pictures of materials in action to detailed property data.
Understand and engage with materials and their properties – make beautiful property charts to support exercises and projects.
Learn about materials in the real world by applying rational, systematic methods to select materials for specific engineering applications.
Eco Audit Tool
Think sustainably. Evaluates the environmental impact of a product. Test design scenarios and understand the importance of material and process choices.
Apply models to the data to predict the properties of hybrid materials and compare them with conventional materials – ideal for advanced projects.
- Part cost estimator: think about the economics of engineering with this tool to estimate the cost of a component, based on material and process decisions.
- Add your own data: add records to your projects – for example, to understand and explain the behavior of new materials.
- Add your own models: the Synthesizer tool enables you to add your own models for calculating material properties based on CES EduPack data.
- Performance index finder: plot performance indices for materials selection without having to derive them from first principles; speeds up project work.
- Science notes: integrated textbook-style explanations of material properties help students relate practical applications to the theory.