GRANTA Selector provides materials data and charting tools that support advanced teaching and associated project work—for example, design projects in final year university ‘Capstone’ courses or at a masters level.
- Set student projects that use comprehensive and detailed materials data to solve industrially-relevant material selection or substitution problems.
- Use modeling tools to explore hybrid materials and structures and their unique combinations of properties.
- Compare performance across the full range of engineering materials.
- Graphically communicate findings for lectures, conference presentations and publication.
- Add your own data to for comparison and analysis (e.g., for students at Doctoral Training Centers doing small research projects).
What is the difference between CES EduPack and GRANTA Selector?
For materials-related courses up to and including final year University projects, we recommend CES EduPack. For more advanced teaching, we recommend GRANTA Selector as it provides a wider and deeper level of materials information, as well as additional tools to make selection faster and easier.
The following table gives a simplistic overview of the differences. For more specific questions about either resource, contact our Education Team.
|Feature area||CES EduPack||GRANTA Selector|
|Extensive materials property data||
|Additional reference databases|
|Learning resources to support students|
|300+ teaching resources to inspire educators|
|Browse and search materials information|
|Data visualization tools and charting|
|Synthesizer Tool – model hybrid materials, part cost|
|Eco Audit tool – assess environmental impact|
|Find Similar Tool – identify replacement materials|
|Add your own data with GRANTA Constructor|
|Engineering solver – helps specify engineering requirements|
|Generate charts for use in research publications*|
*For research licenses only.