GRANTA EduPack Installation Guidelines
- Standard installation
- Create installation package for distribution
- Quiet installation
- Network installation
To install GRANTA EduPack you will need:
- A compatible Microsoft® Windows® operating system:
- Windows 10 (32-bit or 64-bit)
- Windows 8 or 8.1 (32-bit or 64-bit)
- 4 GB of RAM
- 4 GB of available hard disk space
- Microsoft .NET Framework version 4.6.2, Microsoft Report Viewer 2010 SP1, and Microsoft VC 141 redistributable
- If these are not already installed on your computer, they will be downloaded and installed during the GRANTA EduPack installation process. You may need to restart your computer. If you restart your computer, you will have to restart the installer, too.
- For the French, German, and Spanish language installations, you will also require the appropriate language packs for these, which are usually installed with your OS.
- Administrator rights and internet access
If you are installing GRANTA EduPack (Flex-enabled), you will also need your Ansys Customer Portal login details, and your license server name and port number.
If you are installing GRANTA EduPack Classic, you will also need your MyGranta account information.
For GRANTA EduPack (Flex-enabled) customers
For help and support related to licensing, download and installation, visit the Ansys Download Center’s Installation and Licensing Help and Tutorials page. The Licensing Guide is an excellent introduction to the basic licensing set-up.
For GRANTA EduPack Classic customers
For help and support related to use of GRANTA EduPack, or the licensing, download and installation of GRANTA EduPack Classic, visit the GRANTA EduPack Support Site or email us at email@example.com.
These are the installation instructions for GRANTA EduPack and GRANTA EduPack Introductory. If you are an existing customer who did not purchase the Flex-enabled version this year (downloaded from the Granta Education Hub), you will need to follow the GRANTA EduPack Classic instructions instead.
If you have previously installed any version of CES EduPack, you do not need to uninstall it before installing GRANTA EduPack. The software needs to be installed on a local drive.
Before installing GRANTA EduPack, you will need to have set up an Ansys FlexNet license server and added your GRANTA EduPack license file to it using Ansys License Manager (also available from the Ansys Download Center). For an excellent introduction and step-by-step tutorials for each stage of the process, see the Ansys Licensing Guide.
- Sign in to the Ansys Customer Portal, and go to Downloads > Current release.
- Expand the Primary Packages header and click the GRANTA EduPack button.
- GRANTA EduPack is listed under Materials; click on the yellow Help icon for package details.
- Save the .zip file when prompted. This can be distributed to students with the license server name and port number.
- Extract the files from the installation .zip.
- Double-click the installer edupack_setup.XXXX.exe to run it.
- Enter the name and port number of your FlexNet license server.
- You may need to configure your firewall using Ansys License Manager to allow use of the port.
- The default port number for FlexNet license servers is 1055; the installer automatically populates the Server port number field with this value.
- Continue to follow the on-screen instructions to finish installing.
You can install GRANTA EduPack from a network file share by running the installer from each client machine. If you are an experienced Administrator, you might prefer to deploy the software through Active Directory using Group Policy. We recommend you only do this if you are already familiar with Active Directory.
The following article from Microsoft describes this process:
These are the installation and distribution instructions for GRANTA EduPack Classic and GRANTA EduPack Introductory Classic. If you purchased the version of the software for use with a license server (downloaded from the Ansys Customer Portal), you will need to follow the GRANTA EduPack (Flex-enabled) instructions instead.
If you have previously installed any version of CES EduPack, you do not need to uninstall it before installing GRANTA EduPack Classic. The software needs to be installed on a local drive.
To install GRANTA EduPack Classic via a download:
- Go to the Download Software page on the Granta Design website, and sign in to your My Granta account.
- Click the download link to save the installer.
- Run the installer by double-clicking edupack_(introductory_)classic_setup.XXXX.exe. Enter your My Granta account information when prompted.
- To install the software, click Install now, and follow the on-screen instructions.
To install GRANTA EduPack Classic using a custom installer created for distribution:
- Copy the files onto your computer. Make sure license.lic is in the same folder as the installer, edupack_classic_setup.XXXX.exe or edupack_introductory_classic.XXXX.exe.
- Run the installer and follow the on-screen instructions.
You can use the GRANTA EduPack Classic installer to create an installation package. You can then use this package to perform a quiet installation, or to distribute the software to students:
- Run the installer by double-clicking edupack_classic_setup.XXXX.exe or edupack_introductory_classic_setup.XXXX.exe.
- Enter your My Granta account information when prompted.
- Click Create installation package and follow the on-screen instructions.
This will create an installer in a folder that you can then distribute to other licensed users. They can run the installer without signing in to My Granta.
You can run edupack_(introductory_)classic_setup.XXXX.exe in quiet mode to install the software. This mode requires no user input and will run entirely in the background.
To perform a quiet installation of GRANTA EduPack:
- You will need to use an installer created as part of an installation package.
- The license file license.lic must be in the same folder as the installer.
- You do not need to enter your My Granta account information.
To install or uninstall GRANTA EduPack Classic quietly, use the following commands:
.\edupack_classic_setup.XXXX.exe /quiet /uninstall
To install or uninstall GRANTA EduPack Introductory Classic quietly, use the following commands:
.\edupack_introductory_classic_setup.XXXX.exe /quiet /uninstall
You can install GRANTA EduPack Classic from a network file share by running the installer from each client machine. If you are an experienced Administrator, you might prefer to deploy the software through Active Directory using Group Policy. We recommend you only do this if you are already familiar with Active Directory.
The following article from Microsoft describes this process: