Biomedical waste: Health vs Environment (CES EduPack case study)
December 12, 2019 at 4:00 pm - 5:00 pm GMT
- This event has passed.
Join this case study session to hear how the CES EduPack materials education resources can be used to engage student interest through a topical industrial case study. The challenge discussed is use of materials and waste in the healthcare sector, balancing material selection for performance and clinical requirements with the environmental consequences of waste disposal.
We will use the CES EduPack Bioengineering database to compare and select materials for medical and biological applications. The Eco Audit tool then makes it possible to assess environmental impact. We will also make use of the online ASM Medical Materials Database which contains over 60,000 approved medical devices.
Who should attend?
- Educators using CES EduPack in their teaching; particularly users of the Bioengineering Edition – get new ideas for using the resources
- Anyone interested in use of the CES EduPack Bioengineering Edition – see how it could support your teaching
This webinar is not meant for students.
What you will learn:
- How to engage students via a topical industrial challenge
- What are the challenges of biomedical waste: volumes, biohazard, and options for product end-of-life
- How to select materials for biomedical applications using the Bioengineering edition of CES EduPack
- How to use the Eco Audit tool to compare the environmental impact of different scenarios