Additive Manufacturing: state-of-the-art inspection methods and powder analysis
Guest speakers: Dr Ben Dutton, Principal Research Engineer at the Manufacturing Technology Centre (MTC); Jason Dawes, Technology Manager at the MTC
Watch this webinar to hear from the MTC and Granta Design on optimizing Additive Manufacturing (AM) processes or qualifying AM parts.
In this webinar you will:
- Learn from practical experience gained on qualifying large defect-free metallic parts as part of a major Additive Manufacturing project – the AMAZE project was a collaboration of 28 leading engineering organizations supported by the European Union
- Hear from MTC scientists about why AM is unique against other manufacturing methods and requires new methods and standards development for identifying and reducing defects of different AM processes, in-situ and post-production
- Understand what are the critical powder variables to control and how those impact build quality
- Learn how to develop a powder ranking system
- See how a materials data management system supports process optimization and is essential for effective qualification of parts.
Who should attend?
- Additive Manufacturing Specialists, Project Managers, Manufacturing Process Engineers, R&D Engineers and Scientists, Materials Engineers and others who need to optimize AM processes or qualify parts
- Senior Engineering Managers; Directors and Vice Presidents of Engineering, Manufacturing or R&D who may making investment decisions or planning projects relating to AM